The Evolution of a Successful Band Director
A Proven Plan to Improve Your Effectiveness
Item #: G-7440
“No book covers the essentials for becoming a successful band director/music educator with so much detail as does this book. Highly recommended!!”
—Frank L. Battisti, Conductor Emeritus
New England Conservatory Wind Ensemble
Intended for both novice and experienced band directors, this companion to Scott Rush’s bestselling book Habits of a Successful Band Directoris designed to:
- Present effective teaching principles with more depth and understanding
- Challenge readers to look deep within themselves to find solutions that will lead to more effective teaching
- Pose questions and suggest activities to put these solutions into action and cause readers to set goals through self-discovery
- Establish the classroom as a true laboratory for making music
- Provide a study guide for college methods classes using Habits of a Successful Band Director
This user-friendly volume is chock-full of ideas for solving common technical problems and, more importantly, creates a framework for band directors to reevaluate and improve every aspect of the job. This book is designed to be an invaluable companion for the entire breadth of a band director’s career.
Scott Rush is Director of Bands at Wando High School in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
Number of Pages: