The Choral Singer's Survival Guide
© 2005 Tony Thornton. Publ. by Vocal Planet Publishing, Inc. Dist. by GIA.
Item #: G-6867
The Choral Singer's Survival Guide Book with companion CD by Tony Thornton
This comprehensive guide offers practical instruction and tips to hone your skills and improve your vocal musicianship. Whether you are an experienced choral singer or looking to become involved in a choral organization for the first time, this is the book for you!
The Choral Singer’s Survival Guide explains:
- How to find choral groups in your area.
- How to prepare for and perform an amazing audition, including sight-reading tips.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about rehearsals.
- Score marking for singers—a system that really works!
- How to maximize practice success.
- Diction guides to the five major sung languages.
- Why parents should involve children in music at an early age.
- The role of the professional choral singer.
The companion CD includes instructions on correct body alignment for singing, proper breathing techniques, vocal exercises to ensure progress in regular practice sessions, and vocal musicianship exercises to take you to the next level musically. There are nearly 30 million choral singers in the United States alone. Let The Choral Singer’s Survival Guide focus and enhance your choral experience. Tony Thornton is currently Founding Artistic Director of Los Angeles Choral Artists. He was previously Artistic Director of West Coast Singers. He lives in Los Angeles.
CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ITEM ALSO BOUGHT THE FOLLOWING