Item #: DVD-720 Status: Available
Series: Evoking Sound
This companion DVD to Evoking Sound: The Choral Rehearsal is a personal master class on conducting and rehearsal technique with James Jordan. Using the Pennsbury High School Chamber Choir as a model, Dr. Jordan illustrates the major points found in The Choral Rehearsal text. The DVD cross-references The Choral Rehearsal (Volumes 1 and 2), so those who study this DVD can read further about the highlighted points demonstrated in the books, including:
• Effects of alignment on sound
• Proper use of the arm to obtain the best choral sound
• Conductor listening skills
• Effects of breath and breathing, velocity of gesture, and hand position on sound
• Obtaining internal phrasing through gesture
• Effective accompaniment techniques—featuring advice from master accompanist Marilyn Shenenberger
• Approaches to teaching rhythm
• Demonstrations of unique rehearsal techniques
James Jordan is recognized and praised from many quarters in the musical world as one of the nation’s preeminent conductors, writers, and innovators in choral music.
Marilyn Shenenberger, collaborative accompanist and arranger, works with James Jordan at Westminster Choir College.
Categories: Choral/Vocal, Rehearsal