© 2014 GIA. Individual copyrights may apply. Published with the approval of the Committee on Divine Worship, USCCB.
Item #: G-8750 Status: Available
Separate Instruments: C Instrument, Guitar, Keyboard
Difficulty Level: E/M
Singing Our Faith–Second Edition is an exciting mix of great music, diverse styles, and broad scope—the ultimate resource for young people, kindergarten through eighth grade. Singing Our Faith is truly a book kids can grow with—not out of—on their journey to be full participants in Sunday worship.
Singing Our Faith—Second Edition represents the spectrum of styles and types of music used in Catholic liturgy and worship.
Singing Our Faith, Second Edition contains 330 musical items including:
· Praise and worship songs, canons, refrains, shorter songs, spirituals, music from the Taizé and Iona communities, chants, and metrical hymns—many songs with both English and Spanish texts.
· Numerous psalm settings—well-known psalm paraphrases and new psalm settings that use the 2010 translation of The Revised Grail Psalms
· Three complete Mass settings, which include the additional musical acclamations found in Eucharistic Prayers for Masses with Children
· A generous assortment of other service music items—these are familiar songs that children will hear and sing at Sunday worship ·
An order for morning prayer and prayer to end the day
· Simple outlines both for the Stations of the Cross and for the exposition and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Music is a doorway to the experience of the sacred. Let the music of Singing Our Faith—Second Editon accompany your children and young people on their faith journey to Christian adulthood.
Number of Pages: 272