Quick and Easy Introductions
Introductions to Music Learning Theory, Audiation, Preparatory Audiation, Music Learning Theory for Newborn and Young Children
© 2013 GIA.
Item #: G-8418
Music Learning Theory (MLT)
What is Music Learning Theory? What is audiation? How can we help babies and young children grow musically? How do we best learn music as older children and adults?
Edwin E. Gordon is known throughout the world as a preeminent researcher, teacher, author, editor, and lecturer in the field of music education.
This remarkable, free pamphlet is a perfect introduction to the groundbreaking ideas that have had an enormous impact on the music education profession over the past four decades. Quick and Easy Introductions answers the big questions:
- How do young children learn differently from adults?
- What is audiation and why is it important?
- What are the stages and types of music learning?
- How should music learning be sequenced?
- Why is it important to separate tonal and rhythm sequencing?
- What is a Learning Sequence Activity?
- How does music learning parallel language learning?
Quick and Easy Introductions is a perfect starting point for exploring the profound and remarkable ideas destined to shape our understanding of music learning—and therefore how best to teach music—for decades to come.
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of this pamphlet.
Method, Pedagogy, Skill Building
Number of Pages: