Play and Teach Percussion - Book
A College Method for Success in the Classroom - A Lifetime Reference for Music Teachers
2003, GIA Publications, Inc.
Item #: M538
Finally! A comprehensive percussion method book for college music education majors!
This fantastic resource includes two CDs demonstrating the proper way to practice rudiments, play-along tracks, accompaniment tracks, extended world percussion examples, and much more.
Written by the master percussionist and educator team of Steve Houghton and Linda Petersen, the entire course can be completed in one semester.
Here’s why you’ll use Play and Teach Percussionthroughout your teaching career:
- Concert percussion instruments and accessories are introduced with illustrations, specific instructions, CD sound models, etudes, play-along tracks, and more.
- Numerous percussion ensembles provide musical experiences and flexibility.
- Drum set coordination exercises teach jazz swing, rock, rhythm and blues, and Latin styles in a systematic method for success.
- African, Afro-Cuban, and Brazilian instruments and music examples feature illustrations, music examples, and extended play-along tracks.
- Rubric-based Skills Assessment pages help you diagnose problems and offer concise solutions.
- Portfolio ideas will augment your music teaching resources.
Carefully correlated with the National Standards for Music Education, the book also includes numerous ways to incorporate composition and improvisation into a regular rehearsal.
Regardless of your specialization, you’ll use Play and Teach Percussionfrequently throughout your teaching career.
Order your copy today!
Steve Houghton is an internationally renowned jazz drummer, percussionist, clinician, author, and educator and is currently Associate Professor of Percussion at Indiana University–Bloomington.
Linda Petersen is the Director of Programs for the Wisconsin School Music Association and is editorial director of numerous music education publications.
Number of Pages: