Music Moves for Piano, Book 2 - Student edition with CD
Marilyn Lowe, Edwin E. Gordon
Item #: G-6441
An exciting, revolutionary approach to piano study!
“This series of books represents a monumental and inspired contribution to piano pedagogy, which will surely become the benchmark by which other methods, before and after, will be measured.”
—Seymour Fink, Professor Emeritus, Binghampton University
A complete piano method for students K through adult, Music Moves for Piano is the first piano method to apply Edwin E. Gordon’s Music Learning Theory to the teaching of piano. This method is for students of all levels of music aptitude and any age. When music is taught as an aural art, lessons build a foundation for lifelong musical enjoyment and understanding. The progression from “sound to notation” leads to fluent music performance, reading, and writing.
Students who use this program will learn to:
- Feel rhythm through movement activities and chant rhythm patterns.
- Sing songs and tonal patterns to develop pitch sensitivity and a “listening” ear.
- Understand the various ingredients of music, such as rhythm, meter, tonality, harmony, style, and form.
- Improvise using familiar patterns and songs: transpose, change tonality and meter, create melodic and rhythmic variations, and create accompaniments.
- Perform with tension-free technique.
Number of Pages:
Suitable for Children: