Instrumental Conducting Performance Materials
Item #: G-9524
This remarkable book contains twelve short musical excerpts of great instrumental works—“mini scores” designed to accompany any instrumental conducting texts and intended to be performed in any instrumental conducting class.
Each excerpt presents specific challenges for developing conductors to explore as they acquire knowledge, gain experience, and develop conducting techniques. The orchestration of each excerpt is designed to be flexible while at the same time providing high-quality music for use in any instrumental conducting class.
The full score and parts of each excerpt, all in one spiral-bound book, are designed to help any conducting student mark and memorize a score, learn to conduct using the limited instrumentation in a typical conducting class, and experience working with a wide range of repertoire.
Even if players are not able to cover all the parts for an excerpt, there are still numerous possibilities for using this music in a classroom setting.
States author John M. Laverty: “I hope this resource will give you the materials to enhance your level of conducting skill, and as a result give you confidence to step in front of live musicians playing real instruments and make music.”
- Brahms: Symphony No. 1, op. 68: Mvt. IV, Adagio
- Fučík: The Florentiner March, op. 214
- Janáček: Lachian Dances, op. 2: “Pilky” and “Starodálvný”
- Mahler: Symphony No. 3: Mvt. VI, Langsam
- Maurer: 12 Kleine Stück: “du Style”
- Mozart: Requiem, K. 626: Mvt. 1 (“Requiem”)
- Mussorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition: “The Great Gate of Kiev” and “The Hut of Baba-Yaga”
- Schumann: Zigeunerleben (“Gypsy Life”), op. 29, No. 3
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 4: Mvt. 1, Andante sostenuto; Symphony No. 6: Mvt. 2, Allegro con grazia
Number of Pages: