First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond
Teacher's Curriculum Book
John M. Feierabend
Item #: G-5880
Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students, including:
• Echo Songs, Call-and-Response Songs, Simple Songs, SongTales, Action Songs, Circle Games, Beat Motion Activities, and more!
• Repertoire based only on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow, and for their texts filled with wonder.
• Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
• Full coordination with highquality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book—perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
• Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
• A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
Advanced research continually points to the importance of music in the lives of young children. You can further their musical growth with First Steps in Music!
For special discounted prices for the entire curriculum, see:
First Steps In Music: Preschool And Beyond - Basic Package (G-7001)
First Steps In Music: Preschool And Beyond - Basic + Package (G-7001A)
First Steps In Music: Preschool And Beyond - Enhanced Package (G-7001B)
First Steps In Music: Preschool And Beyond - Ultimate Package (G-7001C)
John M. Feierabend, PhD, has spent decades compiling songs and rhymes from the memories of the American people, in hopes that these treasures will be preserved for future generations. He is Professor and Chair of the Music Education Department of the Hartt School of the University of Hartford.
First Steps in Music
Number of Pages: