- First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers - Curriculum edition
First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers - Curriculum edition
A Complete Music Curriculum from Birth through 36 Months
© 2002 GIA.
Item #: G-4974
First Steps in Music
Click here to download the supplement for First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers.
First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers by John M. Feierabend is a complete music curriculum, birth through 36 months! Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this delightfully illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for infants and toddlers, including:
- A comprehensive selection of songs and rhymes, wiggles and tickles, bounces, lullabies, and more.
- Repertoire based only on folk and traditional songs and rhymes because of their natural melodic expressiveness, natural flow of the language, and texts filled with wonder.
- Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
- Full coordination with recordings (available separately) that contain all the rhymes and music from this book . . . perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
- Convenient spiral binding so the book always lays flat.
More and more research points to the importance of music for infants and toddlers. Nurture their lives with First Steps in Music for Infants and Toddlers!
John M. Feierabend, PhD, has spent decades compiling songs and rhymes from the memories of the American people, in hopes that these treasures will be preserved for future generations. He is a leading authority on child development in music and movement and served as Professor and Chair of the Music Education Department of the Hartt School of the University of Hartford.
Curriculum, Early Childhood, Folk Music
Number of Pages:
CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ITEM ALSO BOUGHT THE FOLLOWING