Do It! Play Recorder - Book and CD
Now includes a multimedia CD
James O. Froseth, Marguerite Wilder
Item #: G-M438
This spectacular book and the accompanying audio recordings are by three of today's best music educators, and it contains everything you need to play the recorder!
• The audio recordings cover all the basics: tone quality, intonation, tempo, melody, rhythm, style of articulation and phrasing, and expressive nuance.
• Enhanced content on the audio recordings helps with music reading and writing skills.
• Live musicians provide authentic accompaniments—classic and contemporary styles.
• Song repertoire surveys musical styles of the world. Music of the Americas includes U.S. folk, jazz, country western, bluegrass, honkytonk, spiritual, blues, gospel, rock-and-roll, jazz waltz, country swing, jazz ballad, Mexican folk, and reggae. Music of other times includes 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Boufons, 16th-century French branle, 18th and 19th-century folk songs and dances, and 1940s and ’50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll. Music of the world includes folk songs and dances of England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Scandinavia, Israel, the Netherlands, Mexico, and Russia.
• There are lots of helpful photos.
• The format allows students progress at their own pace.
• Discover improvisation! Explore call and response techniques and other styles.
• The book includes the “You Can Look It Up” music dictionary.
• Theme-and-variation format allows easy and challenging versions of material to be performed simultaneously; special projects allow students to set individual goals.
• Teacher’s Resource Guide with integrated rhythmic flashcard pattern reading, integrated melodic flashcard pattern reading, extended accompaniments for group improvisation, extensive cross-referencing indexes, and suggested resources for teaching to the National Standards.
You may purchase the book only (M-437) and download the mp3 recordings for free. Or, you can purchase Do It! Play Recorder - Book with CD (M-438).
James O. Froseth with Marguerite Wilder and Carolee Stewart
Number of Pages:
1996, GIA Publications, Inc.