Do It! Alto Saxophone Package
James O. Froseth
Item #: G-M612
Now available on SmartMusic!
The Alto Saxophone from the Do It! Play in Band series by James O. Froseth includes:
- Home Helper Book and CD for Alto Saxophone and Do It! Play Alto Saxophone Book 1 and CD
- Modeling by Timothy McAllister (Crane School of Music, SUNY at Potsdam) and Donald Sinta (University of Michigan).
- Professional studio backgrounds capture the rich diversity of American music culture with a repertoire of American, Latin American, African, European, and Far Eastern styles.
- Music of other times, including 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Bouffons, 16th-century French branle, 18th- and 19th-century folk songs and dances, 1940s and '50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll.
- The repertoire and recorded contexts are motivating, informative, and entirely musical.
- Every song includes text, providing information about phrasing, rhythm, style, affect, emotion, history, and culture.
- A unique Rhythmic Pattern Dictionary allows students to “look it up” and “listen up.”
- An individualized format allows students to progress at different rates with a “theme and-variation” format.
- Ear training and improvisation are integral parts of the lesson format.