Advanced Duets for Snare Drum is a collection of 15 artistically-composed works for performance during recitals, examinations, band and orchestra concerts, percussion ensemble performances, solo and ensemble festivals or simply as a means of developing musicianship and ensemble skills. The duets feature a diverse assortment of techniques including a variety of time signatures, mixed meters, metric modulation and an extensive use of dynamics.
- Both duet parts will be heard by playing the audio track through both channels
- By playing only one channel (turning one speaker off), only one part will be heard providing a duet accompaniment to the other part
- Two different pitched snare drums are used to distinguish one part from the other
- An outstanding musical interpretation is provided by the artistic playing of percussionist Audrey V. Adams
- Each duet is preceded by 8 beats