A Conductor's Guide to Choral / Orchestral Repertoire
An Annotated Listing of 1,200 Works by 250 Composers
© 2017 GIA.
Item #: G-9217
This comprehensive, annotated list of more than 1200 works is sure to become an essential conductor’s tool for finding choral and orchestral editions that are currently published and accessible. Each detailed listing identifies:
- Composer’s name, dates of birth and death, and nationality
- Approximate duration of the work in minutes
- Original title of the work with alternate titles if they exist, as well as English translations of foreign language titles
- Date of the composition, with commissions and premieres of historical importance
- Language and source of the work’s text
- Complete scoring of the composition, including soloists
- Name of the publisher or publishers, including the online source IMSLP (International Music Score Library Project)
The 250 composers in the guide represent the most historically recognized or currently important contributors of repertoire considered to be artistically meritorious. Included beyond the standard and familiar composers are those who are lesser known, but respected. The selected repertoire of each composer is limited to works scored for chorus and an ensemble of instruments—from full and chamber orchestras to groupings of strings, winds, or brass.
Choral/Vocal, Reference/Textbooks, Programming
Number of Pages: