Careers at GIA
Editor for Spanish and Bilingual Music
GIA Publications, Inc. seeks to hire an Editor for Spanish and Bilingual Music.
The Editor for Spanish and Bilingual Music works closely with the President, the Senior Managing Editor, and serves as part of the editorial team.
Duties and Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Serve as an integral member of the editorial team.
- Serve as part of the manuscript review team.
- Cultivate relationships and coordinate projects with composers.
- Offer critical, solutions-based thinking based on GIA’s output, sales numbers, customer base, potential, and overall vision.
- Develop new products and resources.
- Coordinate with the Senior Managing Editor and the Editorial Associate to help shepherd projects from conception to publication.
- Assist in the repertoire choices for choral packets and conferences.
- Represent GIA via conferences, workshops and articles.
- Keep abreast of current trends and needs in liturgy and music and strategize about how to best serve the church through music.
- Maintain relationships with national professional organizations.
- Serve as a liturgical and musical resource to customers.
- Assist in writing product descriptions for catalog and website.
Skills and Competencies:
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
- Significant experience as a pastoral musician in a Spanish or Bilingual context.
- Thorough knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgy and music.
- Familiarity with GIA’s hymnals, liturgical music resources and choral music.
- Accomplished keyboard, conducting, guitar or vocal skills.
- Comfort and experience in various musical styles.
- A keen eye for print and music engraving details.
- Knowledge of Finale music software.
- Expertise in ensemble or guitar based repertoire.
- Familiarity with studio recording and engineering processes.
- Knowledge of Protestant worship and music traditions.
- Innovative spirit, excited by creating resources from scratch.
- Results-oriented, detail-oriented, organized project management.
- Passion for the developing vision and legacy of GIA Publications, Inc.
Resumes and inquiries may be sent to:
GIA Publications, Inc.
7404 S. Mason Avenue
Bedford Park, IL 60638