GIA Catholic Hymnals
GIA hymnals include a wide variety of the finest liturgical music from prominent publishers (such as Oregon Catholic Press, World Library Publications, Hope Publishing, Oxford University Press, Abbington Press, and many more) representing the most notable composers (including Marty Haugen, David Haas, Liam Lawton, John Bell, Lori True, Suzanne Toolan, Tony Alonso, Carol Browning and many more).
What goes into a hymnal from GIA?
- Complete settings for the Liturgy of the Hours
- A Psalter that contains psalm settings useful for Liturgy of the Hours, entrance or communion processionals, rites, etc.
- A complete order of worship for the liturgy and rites of the church
- Catechetical explanations enabling assemblies to participate more fully
- The Order of Mass
- Complete Mass settings reflecting the nature of each hymnal
- The new ICEL chants
- Additional settings of the sprinkling rite, Kyrie, Gloria, gospel acclamation, intercessions, eucharistic prayer acclamations, Lord’s Prayer, and Lamb of God
- Extensive selection of hymns and songs
- A Lectionary section
- Responsorial psalms for the complete three-year cycle, using the current ICEL refrains and verses from the Revised Grail Psalms
- Numerous scholarly indexes
- Metrical Index of Tunes
- Service Music
- First Lines and Common Titles