Careers at GIA Publications, Inc.
Social and Digital Media Specialist
The Social and Digital Media Specialist will build, execute, and maintain a social and digital media strategy for both the sacred music and music education divisions of GIA Publications, Inc., by generating and sharing meaningful content that builds connections with our customer base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content
- Create production calendars and syndication schedules
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
Digital Marketing/Video Production
- Live Streaming Events
- Promotional Videos
- Informational Videos
- Product Demonstration Videos
Email Blast Content
- Determine content and schedule at marketing meetings with department collaboration
- Sacred Music Conferences e-blasts
- Conference and Convention Support/Preparation
- Brainstorm and assist with promotional strategies and product development
- Interdepartmental collaboration on large scale marketing projects
- Miscellaneous duties where needed
Requirements and Education
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of production techniques with knowledge of different encoding and compression formats for Web publication.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (specifically, InDesign, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Lightroom, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- 15% to 20% Travel