Teaching Music through Performance in Jazz: Volume 1
Northern Illinois University Jazz Ensemble, Ronald Carter, Director
Selections for Developing and Intermediate Bands
This CD set contains premier recordings of 28 of the most significant works ever composed for developing and intermediate jazz band. One of the best jazz ensembles skillfully performs this essential repertoire. These recordings are a prefect place to start when selecting the best music to perform.
Premier performances of 40 of the most significant works ever composed for band, Grades 2–3, as featured in Volume 1. One of the best ensembles of its kind gives skillful performances of this essential repertoire. These recordings are a perfect place to start when selecting high-quality music for your jazz ensemble and will be a great source of inspiration for your own conducting.
Disk 1 (Developing)
- Afro Blue - Santamaria/Sweeney
- Alamode - Fuller/Murtha
- All of Me - Simons/Marks/Holmes
- Autumn Leaves - Kosma/Blair
- Baytrail Shuffle - Schneider
- Blue Note Special - Tomaro
- Bye Bye Blackbird - Henderson/Dixon/Rivello
- Keys to the Heart - Neeck
- Maiden Voyage - Hancock/Taylor
- One More for the Count - Lewis
- Samantha - Nestico
- Soft Winds - Henderson/Sweeney
- Sugar - Turrentine/Taylor
- Una Mas - Dorham/Murtha
- The Woogie - Gordon
- Yardbird Suite - Parker/Sweeney
- Basically Blues - Wilson
- Cobblestones - Berg
- Filthy McNasty - Silver/LaBarbera
- Footprints - Shorter/Harris
- Georgia on My Mind - Carmichael/Barduhn
- Le Belleclaire Blues - Morrison
- My Foolish Heart - Washington/Young/Rivello
- St. Thomas - Rollins/Taylor
- Work Song - Adderley/Keezer
Please share Teaching Music through Performance in Jazz: Volume 1 with your Facebook friends.
You may be interested to know ...
Other customers who bought the items in your cart also bought the following items.
Teaching Music through Performance in Band: Volume 7, Grades 2-3 - CD
North Texas Wind Symphony, Eugene Migliaro Corporon, conductor