Do It! Play Recorder! with CD
Now includes a multimedia CD
by James Froseth / Marguerite Wilder
1996, GIA Publications, Inc.
This spectacular new book and compact disc set by three of the best educators in the field today contains everything you need to play the recorder.
- Compact disc covers all the basics: tone quality, intonation, tempo, melody, rhythm, style of articulation and phrasing, and expressive nuance.
- Enhanced CD content helps with music reading and writing skills.
- Live musicians provide authentic accompaniments in classic and contemporary styles.
- Song repertoire surveys musical styles of the world:
Music of the Americas includes U.S. folk, jazz, country western, bluegrass, honky-tonk, spiritual, blues, gospel, rock-and-roll, jazz waltz, country swing, jazz ballad, Mexican folk, and reggae.
Music of other times includes 12th-century conductus, 15th-century Dance of the Boufons, 16th-century French branle, 18th- and 19th-century folk songs and dances, 1940s and 50s jazz, blues, and rock-and-roll.
Music of the world includes folk songs and dances of England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Scandinavia, Israel, the Netherlands, Mexico, and Russia.
- There are lots of helpful photos.
- Discover improvisation! Explore call-and-response techniques and other styles of improvisation.
- The book includes the "You Can Look It Up" music dictionary.
- The individualized format lets students progress at their own pace.
- Theme and variation format allows easy and challenging versions of material to be performed simultaneously; special projects allow students to set individual goals.
- Teacher's Resource Edition with extended accompaniments, extensive cross-referencing indexes, and resources for teaching to the National Standards for Music.
Please share Do It! Play Recorder! with CD with your Facebook friends.
|Albums this title is recorded on :|
|Included in the following collection(s):|
You may be interested to know ...
Other customers who bought the items in your cart also bought the following items.
Do It! Play Recorder Book 2 (book and CD)
Do It! Play Recorder! Book only