First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond
Teacher's Curriculum Book
by John Feierabend
2003, GIA Publications, Inc.
Written by a national leader in early childhood music education, this creatively illustrated book contains everything you need to lead a music class for preschool and early elementary students, including:
- Echo Songs, Call-and-Response Songs, Simple Songs, SongTales, Action Songs, Circle Games, Beat Motion Activities, and more.
- Repertoire based only on folk or traditional songs and rhymes, because of their natural melodic expressiveness and language flow, and for their texts filled with wonder.
- Complete lesson plans for a three-year curriculum.
- Full coordination with highquality recordings that contain all the rhymes and music from this book— perfect for parents to play at home or in the car.
- Suggestions on setting up a class, preparing parents, record keeping, expanding your music program, and planning ahead.
- A classical music component, perfect for movement and exploration.
For special discounted prices for the entire curriculum, see G-7001 and G-7001A!
John M. Feierabend, PhD, has spent decades compiling songs and rhymes from the memories of the American people, in hopes that these treasures will be preserved for future generations. He is Professor and Chair of the Music Education Department of the Hartt School of the University of Hartford.
Number of Pages : 272
Please share First Steps in Music for Preschool and Beyond with your Facebook friends.
|Albums this title is recorded on :|
You may be interested to know ...
Other customers who bought the items in your cart also bought the following items.
Keeping the Beat - CD
From Corelli to Kabalevsky
Move It! Expressive Movements with Classical Music for All Ages - DVD
John Feierabend, Peggy Lyman
Conversational Solfege, Level 1 - Teacher's Edition