We Give You Thanks
This major endeavor from David Haas includes an innovative new Mass setting-the first complete Mass he has written in five years-drawn from the musical motifs of his top-selling new communion song, "We Give You Thanks." David covers important musical ground with this project. In addition to the usual ritual moments set to music (the Kyrie, Gloria, gospel and Eucharistic acclamations, Lord's Prayer, and Lamb of God), this project includes: Music for the dismissal of children and for children's Liturgy of the Word.
- Music for dismissal of catechumens and candidates (RCIA) at the conclusion of the Liturgy of the Word
- A setting of the profession of faith
- Intercessions utilizing the popular Zimbabwean/Iona melody "If You Believe and I Believe"
- Instrumental music for the Preparation of the Gifts leading into the sung blessing over the prepared gifts
- A new sung setting of one of the new eucharistic prayers from Masses for Various Needs and Occasions
- A hymn of thanksgiving rather than a typical "closing song" (as called for in the Sacramentary)
- A sung acclamation for sending communion ministers forth to take the Eucharist to the sick and homebound
- A sung final blessing
And if this list isn't enough, David based the music for the gathering/sprinkling song on his popular "We Are God's People" from Psalms for the Church Year, Vol. 1.
Contents: Mass: "Jesus the Compassion of God" (G-4990) It Is Good to Be Here / Come Now, O Word of God (G-4991) We Are God's People: Gathering and Sprinkling Rite (G-4992) Dismissal Acclamations (G-4993) Psalm 23: You Are My Shepherd (G-4994) The Servant Song (G-4995) We Believe (G-4996) Preparation of the Gifts / Blessed Are You, God (G-4997) The Lord's Prayer (G-4998) We Meet as Friends at Table (G-4999) We Give You Thanks (G-4973).