Via the Web Site Shopping Cart - Many of our items are available for ordering via our Shopping Cart. You will see these items listed with a button labeled "Add to Cart." Just click on the button to add that item to your "Shopping Cart." The Shopping Cart keeps track of your order while you're visiting our site. You can follow the easy instructions to complete your order. If you also want to order items that are not available via the Shopping Cart, just enter them in the comments box on the Checkout Page. When you're ready "check out," or if want to review the contents of your Shopping Cart, just click on the Shopping Cart button at the top of the page. You can choose to be billed for your order or pay online with a credit card.
Via the Telephone - You can place your order by telephone, by calling (800) 442-1358 or (708) 496-3800 during regular business hours (8:30 am - 5:00 pm CST, M-F).
At GIA satisfaction is our guarantee. To replace defective items or items shipped to you in error please contact customer service at mailto:email@example.com.
GIA Publications, Inc. accepts returns under the following conditions.
WHAT can be returned?
All products are returnable IF the product is received in the same condition as they were originally sent. A copy of the invoice must accompany all returns. There will be a 20% restocking fee for items returned that are not accompanied by a corresponding invoice.
WHEN do items need to be returned by?
All merchandise purchased within six months may be returned. Items purchased more than six months prior will be charged a 20% restocking fee. GIA will not accept any returns on invoices dated beyond one year.
WHERE do items need to be returned?
Merchandise can be returned to: GIA Publications, Inc., 7404 S. Mason Ave., Chicago, IL 60638, Attention: Returns
HOW do customers return items?
You may choose your means of returning your merchandise, however, please retain your receipt for verification purposes. GIA is not responsible for any lost return shipments.
Product Packing Materials
It is your responsibility to package the materials well so they will not be damaged in shipping.
SHIPPING for returns
Customer is responsible for all shipping charges.
If you have not paid your invoice the charges will be reversed. If you paid by credit card your card will be credited. For credit card purchases older than two months a credit to your account will be issued for use against future purchases. If paid by check your account will be issued a credit for the purchase price for use against future purchases. Credits will be given for merchandise only. You are responsible for all shipping charges.
For items returned to us in non-saleable condition, we reserve the right to return those items to you at your expense. This policy also applies to items sent on approval.
GIA is not responsible for merchandise damaged in transit. Do not open your package and immediately contact the carrier.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Customer Service Manager, Maria Peccia via phone 1.800.442.1358 Ext. 32 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All prices subject to change without notice.
- Most orders are normally shipped within 48 hours via UPS Ground.
- Smaller orders (under 5 pounds) going to residential addresses may be shipped via US Post Office Priority Mail.
- We also offer UPS Next Day Air or Second Day Air. Next Day and Second Day orders placed by 12:00 noon Central Time will be processed the same day, otherwise it will go out the next day.
- Priority Mail is treated as a regular order and is normally shipped within 48 hours of receipt of the order.
- It is normal for Priority Mail shipments to take up to 2-3 weeks to deliver.
Please be sure to indicate your desired shipping method if other than UPS Ground. You will be billed for all shipping charges. Please select whether or not you would like a catalog sent to you. They may add up to two (2) pounds to your shipment and cause your shipping charges to be increased dramatically.
NOTE: Saturday is not a regular delivery date. If you need an order delivered on a Saturday, it must be a Next Day Air shipment with Saturday delivery which is an additional $10.00 charge (over and above the Next Day Air charges). Please indicate you want to have Saturday delivery in the message part of your order.
If you are ordering from outside of the United States, please choose between the following methods.
- UPS Worldmail is a service offered to our International customers. This is $5.75 per pound and takes about 2-4 weeks for delivery. Please select UPS Worldship. You are responsible for paying any duty and taxes assessed at the time of delivery. This gives you Air Parcel Post delivery time for less than Parcel Post in most cases. If it is cheaper to send it UPS Express, we will send it using that method.(best option for shipments up to 8 pounds)
- UPS Express gets packages anywhere in the world in 2-3 days (some
places in Canada by the next day). Prices range from $19.00 for a
2 pound package going to Canada to $54.00 for a 30 pound package.
Please select UPS Express. You are responsible for paying any duty
and taxes assessed at the time of delivery.
International orders over $100 must be shipped with UPS Express.
- Parcel Post (least expensive, 6-8 weeks for delivery, pricing ranges from $14.33 for 2 pounds to Canada to $32.25 for 30 pounds to Canada). You are responsible for paying any duty and taxes assessed at the time of delivery.
- Air Parcel Post (a little more expensive than Parcel Post for smaller orders, 2-4 weeks for delivery, pricing ranges from $16.25 for 2 pounds to Canada to $47.25 for 30 pounds to Canada). You are responsible for paying any duty and taxes assessed at the time of delivery.
- For Canadian customers, UPS Standard is available. Prices range from around $8.90 for a two pound package to $28.75 for a 30 pound package. Customs broker fees are not included but UPS will clear it for you for an additional $35.00 charge which will be assessed at the time of delivery. UPS will contact you and give you an opportunity to designate your own broker if you want. For this reason, your phone number is required. You are responsible for paying any broker fees, duty and taxes assessed at the time of delivery. Please note, with the $35.00 additional broker fee, it is cheaper and quicker to use UPS Express for your shipment.
Shipping to other countries varies widely in cost. Please be sure to indicate your desired shipping method. The cheaper of methods between the UPS choices will be the default if nothing is selected. You will be billed for all shipping charges. Pricing can range widely depending on where in the world the shipment will be ending up. Zones within Canada can cause UPS rates to be much higher or much lower than those quoted above.
Please select whether or not you would like a catalog sent to you. They may add up to two (2) pounds to your shipment and cause your shipping charges to be increased dramatically.