Tony Alonso is one of the most prominent voices in contemporary liturgical music. His music reflects an understanding of the multicultural needs of the contemporary church as well as a commitment to strong ritual music. In addition to several published collections of liturgical music, Tony’s music appears in compilations and hymnals throughout the world. Tony has shared his musical gifts as well as his love and knowledge of liturgy at conferences and events across North America and Europe. He is also the published author of several books and articles related to liturgy and liturgical music.
Tony holds a Bachelor of Music degree in choral conducting from Northwestern University and a Master of Arts degree in theology from Loyola Marymount University. An emerging theologian, Tony is currently pursuing a PhD in the Graduate Division of Religion at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, where he is focusing on liturgical and ritual studies.
- And Heaven and Nature Sing
- Take, O Take Me As I Am: Lenten Communion Rite
- By Heart - Full Score
- And Jesus Said
- Were I the Perfect Child of God
- Joyous Cup: Easter Communion Rite
- Alleluia: Song of the Spirit / Aleluya: Canto del Espíritu
- Gather Us in Mercy, Lord: Lenten Gathering Rite
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken?
- By Heart
- Songs from Another Room
- As Morning Breaks and Evening Sets
- What You Have Done for Me
- Cantemos al Senor / Let us sing to the Lord