Following three years in the music industry, he created Attitude Concepts for Today, an organization designed to manage requests for workshops, seminars, and convention speaking engagements focusing on the area of positive attitude and effective leadership training. He presently holds the Earl Dunn Distinguished Lecturer position at Ball State University. Tim also is Director of Education for Conn-Selmer, and he serves as the national spokesperson for MENC's "Make a Difference with Music" program.
Tim is a graduate of Ball State University and University of Alabama. He was awarded an honorary doctorate from VanderCook College of Music. Additional awards include the distinguished Sudler Order of Merit from the John Philip Sousa Foundation, the Mr. Holland's Opus Award, and the Music Industry Award from the Midwest Clinic Board of Directors.
- Teaching Music through Performance in Band, Vol. 1 (Second Edition)
- Classic Leadership Student Workbook
- The School Choral Program: Student Motivation DVD
- Master Conductors DVD: Col. Arnald D. Gabriel
- Everyday Wisdom for Inspired Teaching
- Music Advocacy and Student Leadership
- The Joy of Inspired Teaching
- The Art of Successful Teaching
- Leadership 2