Sally Ann Morris lives and works in North Carolina. She has been composing hymn tunes since 1990 and has two collections from GIA Publications, Inc.: Giving Thanks in Song and Prayer,(1998) and To Sing the Artist’s Praise (2009).
She has tunes and a complete mass setting, Black Mountain Liturgy, in current GIA hymnals Worship, Fourth Edition; Gather, Third Edition; Lead Me, Guide Me,and Gather Comprehensive, Second Edition. Her tunes also appear in the New Century Hymnal of the United Church of Christ, Hymnal 21 in Japan, Church Hymnary 4 of the Church of Scotland, Hymns Ancient and Modern, the forthcoming 2013 hymnals of the PCUSA and the Community of Christ, as well as in other collections, hymnal supplements, and recordings. Other publications include hymn and choral anthems also from GIA and by The Pilgrim Press and ECSchirmer Publishing.
She appears as a guest artist, clinician, composer, cantor, and conductor in churches nationwide, and at national conferences including The Presbyterian Association of Musicians Worship and Music Conferences at Montreat, NC, the National Association of Pastoral Musicians, and The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada. She is the recipient of the 2009 Sam Ragan Award for contributions to the Fine Arts in North Carolina and the 2011 Henry Grady Miller Cup awarded by the NC Federation of Music Clubs. Sally serves as Director of Music Ministries at Parkway Presbyterian Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and as Chapel Musician for the Wake Forest University School of Divinity.
- Christ's Lullaby
- ’Twas in the Moon of Wintertime
- Earth, Earth, Awake: Your Praises Sing
- Giving Thanks in Song and Prayer
- For the Music of Creation
- Flower Garland of the Ocean
- Breath of God, Breath of Peace
- Now Let Us All in Hymns of Praise
- Our Risen Lord, Our King of Kings
- Coming Together for Wine and for Bread / This Is My Body, Holy and Good
- One Gift the Magi Bore
- As We Gather at Your Table - Instrumental Set
- What Is the World Like
- Black Mountain Liturgy - CD
- A Sower Came from Ancient Hills