Richard Proulx 1937 - 2010, has more than 300 published works, including congregational music in every form, sacred and secular choral works, song cycles, two operas, and instrumental and organ music. He served on the core committee for such hymnals as The Hymnal 1982, New Yale Hymnal, the Methodist Hymnal, Worship—Second Edition and Worship—Third Edition. He also has contributions in the Mennonite Hymnal and the Presbyterian Hymnal. Proulx was a member of The Standing Commission on Church Music of the Episcopal Church and was a founding member of The Conference of Roman Catholic Cathedral Musicians. He conducted choral festivals and workshops across the country as well as in Canada, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand.
In 1991, Richard Proulx founded The Cathedral Singers, as an independent recording ensemble. The group sang a number of live concerts in the Midwest and produced over twenty recordings of a great variety of choral music.
A rare combination of talents as composer, conductor, music editor, and organist, together with wide experience across denominational lines, gave Richard Proulx a unique perspective of both the opportunities and the challenges found in liturgical music-making in our time; he was committed to the enriching and balancing role of the arts in people of all ages.
- Surrexit Christus - Instrumental Parts | Download Edition
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Where True Love and Charity Are Found / Ubi Cáritas
- To Jesus Christ, Our Sovereign King
- The First Nowell
- Jerusalem, My Happy Home
- The King of Glory
- Jesus Walked This Lonesome Valley
- Transform Us
- You, Lord, Are Both Lamb and Shepherd
- At the Cross Her Station Keeping
- Sing of Mary, Meek and Lowly
- Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
- Hail Our Savior’s Glorious Body / Pange Lingua
- Shepherd of Souls