Richard Proulx 1937 - 2010, has more than 300 published works, including congregational music in every form, sacred and secular choral works, song cycles, two operas, and instrumental and organ music. He served on the core committee for such hymnals as The Hymnal 1982, New Yale Hymnal, the Methodist Hymnal, Worship—Second Edition and Worship—Third Edition. He also has contributions in the Mennonite Hymnal and the Presbyterian Hymnal. Proulx was a member of The Standing Commission on Church Music of the Episcopal Church and was a founding member of The Conference of Roman Catholic Cathedral Musicians. He conducted choral festivals and workshops across the country as well as in Canada, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand.
In 1991, Richard Proulx founded The Cathedral Singers, as an independent recording ensemble. The group sang a number of live concerts in the Midwest and produced over twenty recordings of a great variety of choral music.
A rare combination of talents as composer, conductor, music editor, and organist, together with wide experience across denominational lines, gave Richard Proulx a unique perspective of both the opportunities and the challenges found in liturgical music-making in our time; he was committed to the enriching and balancing role of the arts in people of all ages.
- I Received the Living God - Instrument edition | Download Edition
- Serdeczna Matko | Download Edition
- O Little Town of Bethlehem - Instrumental Part | Download Edition
- Dies est laetitiae | Download Edition
- For unto Us a Child Is Born - Trumpet parts | Download Edition
- Four Festival Hymns, Vol. II (2) | Download Edition
- Deo Gratias | Download Edition
- A Community Mass - Choral and Organ Edition
- Missa Emmanuel
- O God beyond All Praising
- German Mass
- Alleluia Round
- Psalms of David
- Corpus Christi Mass
- Sublime Chant